UV Difficulties & New Props in Animation


So it was up to me to unfold the UVs of the new Superhero costume. I managed to pull off unfolding and organizing the coat, the hat, and other things were already unfolded based on the former Mother model. Unfortunately two pieces would not unfold due to a "manifold" error.


Usually when I opt to unfold with this error, it offers to "fix" this but with the vest, it tears apart the following faces in this next picture, separating the vertices. As far as I know, there were no ingons and all faces were quads.

The vest wasn't the only piece with the manifold error. The boots were also an unknown fix. With this "fix" nothing was solved because nothing happened when I opted to fix. Somehow I had help to separate the pieces but I still could not unfold nor optimize the UV shells.


    For the time being, I moved on from UV'ing the costume to other involved errands like the Band-aid that goes on the Daughter's finger. This model was fairly simple and as instructed, I placed it on the character's finger directly. Since we have one or two shots where the band-aid is free and unfolded, I'm awaiting the Director's thoughts on making a separate model/asset of the bandage.


Also along with continuing the animation of LVR310-320, I had added in a new asset; the comic book. In the last versions, there has been a placeholder of the book with a simple red plane. Now that the book is modeled and rigged, I have added it to the scene and intend to animate it by the next week.


On that note, there were difficulties before where the cover was enlarge and estranged from being animated with the rest of the book but as one can see in the first picture, it was resolved in good time.


I also took some time to construct the next shot for me to work on the next week; LVR170. For this one, I definitely plan to film a reference of two people performing the action in this shot.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to me and the Project

Adding a new Asset

Where I haven't gone before