Let the Simulation Begin
And so, alongside with rendering, we also made tests with simulation. Thanks to Raymere Mendiola for providing the rig and adding simulation as a switch. It is here where we really put it to the test because it was just there while we were busy animating. I first tested it in LVR170.
Mainly because of the starting pose, the simulation setup was confused and so the legs went through the skirt. Also the ends of the back bow were dropping later (as a setup for sim), it was just a little messy. I made some adjustments then by zeroing out the mother's pose and starting 100 frames earlier before the action, so the sim gets acquainted with the pose. Along with that, Ray made further adjustments, switching the sim to a more video game version, more control in the setup. It works better for sure.
I also applied this version sim to other shots. Unfortunately it's not the same in working well, the bow was still being wacky, but we're looking to make further adjustments to that.
Hopefully we will apply this to other shots soon.
Comments
Post a Comment