Comping Smoke

 After comping the fire in that shot, I tested it further with smoke over it. 


I was hesitant to use this footage because of how it reaches the edges of the video, we had our limitations with smoke footage. Luckily with the effects I provided, I was able to convince many on how the smoke looked.


I had the smoke positioned to go up, to start with, putting the smoke video in a diagonal/diamond position. Because of that I decided to use an ellipse-shaped mask on the smoke. To take it further, I resized it out of uniform scale.


Next to using smoke for fire, I was to comp some smoke onto the film shots that included an explosion. The best first shot to test that out was LVR360 where the explosion occurs and the same smoke footage I used on the fire seemed most worthy to use again.


It took a few tries but we finally got one test approved.

Soon I started applying it to other shots and got slightly proud of this one with the camera zoom.


Oh and of course, the cityscape was comped on this shot as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to me and the Project

Adding a new Asset

Where I haven't gone before